I love getting three projects done in three months during Camp Loopy. I hope you’re enjoying it, too! And even though we’re just 10 days into Project Two, it’s time to pick Project Three and get your supplies ordered, so let’s talk about the new challenge.
Some yarn lines and some designers are just out of this world, aren’t they? (See what I did there?) This month, pick your favorite yarn that we carry here OR a pattern by your favorite designer for your August project.
Important details for earning Camp points:
* Yarn for August project must be purchased from The Loopy Ewe July 10, 2019, or later.
* Project must be started and finished between Aug. 1-31, 2019.
* Photo of completed project must be uploaded to our gallery by Sept. 1.
* You can choose a 400, 600, 800, or 1000+ yard project. The full yardage must be used in one single project, singly knit (not held doubled).
* You can take 15% off of regularly priced yarn for your August Camp project between July 10 – 17, Camp Store Week. To get the discount, please leave us an order note indicating which yarn is for your August project. We will apply the discount on our end. If you’re in the U.S. and going for free shipping, make sure the discount won’t take you below the free shipping level.
Need a reminder of the Loopy Reward Points for Camp Loopy? Click over to the June blog post.
Need a new project bag for your project?
We added in these handy Loopy Pocket Totes this week. (Almost out of the Larges – we’ve already ordered more.) Or you might like Loopy’s Button Bag, because it’s a great place to keep all of your Camp buttons. And one of our other favorites is our Vintage Campster Tote Bag. Great to use every year for Camp.
Also, remember to add in:
August Sewing Challenge for our Sewists:
Make something either 1) out of fall colors OR 2) something you can wear in the fall. Project should be started and finished between August 1 and 31, with a photo uploaded to our gallery by Sept. 1 in order to earn 50 points for completion.
Here’s what I’m thinking about making:
Possibly another Song of the Sea for my August Camp Project. Here’s the first one I made, out of Dream in Color Smooshy Cashmere. Now I’d like to make one with Wollmeise (favorite yarn). Pure and Twin would both work, as the pattern calls for 400 yards or more. It was a fun pattern to knit.
We can’t wait to see your favorite yarn lines and designers in this challenge, as you pick your final Camp Loopy 2019 project!
Sheri and The Loopy Ewe Crew
P.S. August Sewing Challenge: Make something either 1) out of fall colors OR 2) something you can wear in the fall. Project should be started and finished between August 1 and 31, with a photo uploaded to our gallery by Sept. 1 in order to earn 50 points for completion.