How can it be September 1st already? But the fun part of that is that it brings Loopy Academy back in session! And this school year, we have something fun for you and it involves some of our wonderful indie knitwear designers.
Fall Semester Challenge: Three projects. Each pattern should be from different knitwear designers that we have featured in our Blog’s Designer Spotlight in the past. (So you’ll be doing one pattern each, from three different designers.) If you’re having a hard time choosing, just know this will also be our Spring Semester challenge, too. That way you’ll have a chance to do six different designers, if you do both Fall and Spring Semesters. Spring Semester goes from February 1 through May 31.
– If you complete all three Fall Semester Projects following the parameters, we’ll add 225 points to your Loopy Reward Totals. (Points will be added by mid-January, when we have confirmed all of the projects.)
– Yarn for Fall Semester needs to be purchased from The Loopy Ewe starting September 1, 2021 or later.
– Photos of each of your completed projects need to be emailed to us by 12/31/21 (firstname.lastname@example.org) You can email them as you finish them. Sarah keeps an amazing master spreadsheet!
– When you send in your photo, please include date of yarn purchase, name of pattern, name of yarn, name of designer and yardage used.
– Each project needs to be a minimum of 400 yards, singly knit.
Here is a link to all of the Designer Spotlights on our blog: The Loopy Ewe Designer Spotlight
Here is a list of past designers and a link to their Ravelry pattern shop (unless otherwise noted):
Adventure du Jour
Susan B Anderson
A Bee in the Bonnet
Blue Bee Studio
Hilary Smith Callis
Alan Dart (on his own website)
Elizabeth Smith Knits
Handmade by Kunbi (on her own website)
Sivia Harding (on her own website)
Heartstrings Fiber Arts
Taiga Hilliard Designs
Susanna IC (on her own website)
Irish Girlie Knits
Darling J’Adore (on her own website)
Joji Locatelli (on her own website)
Leah Michelle Designs
Andrea Mowry (on her own website)
OGE Knitwear Designs
Retro Lemon Studio
Lucia Ruiz de Aguirre
SweaterFreak (on her own website)
Alexandra Tinsley (on LoveCrafts)
Tiny Owl Knits
Very Busy Monkey
I’m already having a hard time picking my own patterns and designers for Academy this semester. There are so many I want to do! But …. I’ll start with three and go from there.
Here is what I’m thinking so far:
Why yes, I do intend to start knitting myself a whole new sweater wardrobe. 🙂 And yes, I know I’m going over the 400 yard requirement each time. But right now, all I’m thinking about is getting new sweaters in colors I love!
What are you thinking about doing this semester? Can’t wait to see what you pick from all of these wonderful knitwear designers. Come talk with us on the Loopy Groupie Board on Ravelry and/or The Loopy Ewe Knitting Circle on Facebook, and tell us what you’re thinking for the semester.
Have a great rest of your week!