It’s time to reveal our last challenge for Camp Loopy 2018! This challenge is for August. Start August 1 or later, finish by August 31, and have your photos uploaded to The Loopy Ewe Photo Gallery by the end of the day, September 1st!
Remember – this is a virtual camp and each month stands alone. You can participate in August, even if you missed June and July.
Knitting & Sewing Challenge:
We’ve had fun with the Western theme this summer, and we’re ending the challenges with a project to remind you of that theme. Pick a pattern or yarn or fabric that goes with a western movie, or a western song, or a western TV show or a western book. (Click on the links to see suggestions, although you can pick any western song/movie/show/book, even if it is not on one of those lists.) Note – your project doesn’t have to LOOK western – it just needs to relate to a western theme. Maybe you’ll pick the song “Ghost Riders in the Sky” and you will pick a mixture of blues to represent that sky. Or you’ll pick “Home Home on the Range” and will pick colors from your home area, or a pattern done by a local designer. Be creative and share your thought process with us in one of our Camp Ravelry groups!
To earn your Camp Loopy points for this project:
– for yarn requirements, pick from: 400, 600, 800, or 1000+ yard projects, singly knit.
– for fabric requirements, pick from: 2 yard, 3.5 yard, 5 yard, or 5+ yard projects.
– materials for your August project must be purchased from The Loopy Ewe July 10 or later.
– Camp Store Week for this project is July 10 – 17. You will receive a 15% discount on the yarn or fabric for one project if you leave us an order note, letting us know you are ordering for your August Camp project. We will add the discount when your order comes through. If you’re going for free shipping in the U.S., make sure the discount won’t take you below $100 when applied.
– Your August project needs to be knit or sewn and completely finished between August 1 and August 31. No early starts.
– You must upload a photo to our Loopy Camp Gallery, showing your entire August completed project by September 1. In the order notes on the upload, please tell us which yardage category you were in with that project. (400, 600, 800, 1000+ yds. for yarn, or 2, 3.5, 5 or 5+ yds. for fabric).
Camp Loopy Swag
Commemorate your time at Camp this summer with a Campster Project Tote or a Camp Loopy Mug! (The mugs are big – perfect for chili or soup, as well as a big cuppa joe to get your morning started out right.)
We’re looking forward to seeing your western interpretations for your August project!
Sheri and The Loopy Ewe Crew