Thanks for weighing in with your Club Loopy opinions. We knew you’d have some! I posted this over on the Loopy Groupie board on Ravelry, but for those of you not over there, I wanted to share our thought process on this. We always listen to you, but you do know that your opinions differ, right? So what we do is take: Opinion A + Opinion B + What’s best for the long-term success of The Loopy Ewe = how we roll. Here are just some of the opinions offered about sock club over the past couple of years:
- Love it! Don’t change a thing.
- Tired of socks and have too much sock yarn. Please offer other choices.
- Wish you’d have more semi-solids in the club.
- Wish you’d have more exclusive multi-colors. I can get every color of semi-solid from many different places – those aren’t exclusive.
- I’m so upset that we didn’t get any bags this year and Loopy Lite got a cool bag.
- I have way too many bags. No more bags.
- One can never have enough bags – bring them on!
- Can’t we prepay and get a discount on the cost?
- I like paying month by month.
- Love the extras.
- Don’t need the extras.
- Can you do themed kits with lots of extras?
- Why don’t you open up more spots so more people can get in?
- Why can’t you do a smaller club so that you can use more indie dyers?
- Love being surprised by the kit. Don’t tell us anything about it.
- I don’t like surprises. I want to know what’s in there before I buy it.
- Can you include a real sheep in the next kit? (kidding. Just wondered if you were still reading…)
Sock clubs have changed so much since we started ours back in 2007. There were just a couple of them back when we started. For that first one, I hoped that I could fill 50 spots, and I was so unsure about the whole thing that I told people to just email me if they would like a spot. (Didn’t work so well. We had more than double that amount within the first two hours. Live and learn.) Now almost everyone offers some kind of a club (lots of options for all of you), so this might be the year to finish ours out and try something new. We’ll see how it goes. It’s an inordinate amount of work and planning, but we know that you like them. (Well, opinions vary on that, too. You love them, hate them, are intrigued by them, want to discuss them, can’t decide, etc ….. But you DO have an opinion about them.) It keeps things interesting!
We’ll continue to evaluate and listen and figure out the way that makes the most sense for us, while keeping you as happy as possible. We have lots in store for 2011, so if Club Loopy doesn’t trip your trigger, then hopefully something else will.
Enough about Club Loopy. What’s your favorite flower? We have a seven below windchill here today and I’m thinking about flowers. I like Gerber Daisies. I wonder if I can find a vase full of them at this time of year? It’d be a nice thing to have in my office, while the wind howls outside!