Knitting with multi-colored yarns is so fun! They can add dimension to a simpler project or a bit of an unexpected look. Check the photo galleries for more inspiration too!
- Glenda knit Susan Ashcroft’s Mystery Shawl July 2014 out of the March Giftables yarn
- Rachel knit Zigzagular Socks out of Zauberball 100 in 1701
- Katherine knit Zigzag Diamond Shawl out of Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock in Summer Dusk
- Mychelle knit Vortex Shawl out of Biscotte & Cie Felix in Arc-en-ciel
- Silja knit Herbivore out of Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock in Bryn
- Stacia knit Hermione’s Everyday Socks out of Loopy Legends in Nancy’s Operakatz Importance of Being Earnest
- Carol knit Wingspan out of Zauberball Stark 6 in 2092 Attractive Side
- Lisa knit The Bay of Fundy Scarf out of Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock in Amy’s Vintage Office
- Audrey knit Gabbro out of Malabrigo Sock in Candombe
What is your favorite project you’ve made with a multi-colored yarn? Share with us in the comments!
The Loopy Ewe Crew whomayneedtoworkwithreallycolorfulyarntonightafterapartiallygloomyday
I’m thinking about doing the Loopy Academy 2 Extra Credit and a multicolored yarn has caught my eye. I’m just trying to figure out which pattern will show off the yarn best. Thanks for the inspiration.
I made Favorite Scarf Ever by Lisa Bruce using the Celebrating the games colorway in Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere. The pattern is great for multicolored yarn!
Right now I’m loving my Aventurine socks in STR lightweight in orphan fledge indra. I have been sticking to solids and tonals mostly, but this color way and pattern I just love!
I made Wingspan and it turned out very pretty.
Mini Mania Scarf by Sarah Core. Made with many, many, different multi-colored yarns. Gorgeous!