There are some things I should do today.
1. I should clean off my desk. There are too many papers on it.
2. I should get my email in-box down to zero.
3. I should wash and block my Whippoorwill Shawl.
4. I should finalize a few orders from a few different vendors.
5. I should organize the yarn samples in my office.
6. I should work until late tonight.
There are some things I shouldn’t do today.
1. I shouldn’t start knitting a new pair of socks.
2. I shouldn’t take any yarn home from Loopy today.
3. I shouldn’t scroll through patterns on Ravelry.
Guess which list is going to get completed?
I do have a new recipe to share with you, and it’s something you might want to have on hand as an appetizer before your Thanksgiving dinner (or with your next soup and salad meal). This is delicious and the flavors are perfect for fall.
1 (12 oz) bag of fresh cranberries
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 1/2 tsp. vinegar
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. allspice
Wash the cranberries but don’t dry them. Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the cranberry skins pop, stirring regularly. (This usually takes about 20-30 minutes.) Let cool until just warm, and then pour over a brick of cream cheese. Serve with Wheat Thins or your favorite crackers.
Note: One batch is enough for two regular sized bricks of cream cheese. You can also make this ahead, store covered in the refrigerator, and warm slightly before serving.
Back to the Shoulds and Shouldn’ts – do you have anything you should or shouldn’t be doing today?