Some of you may remember Wonder Husband’s Freezer Intervention awhile ago. It wasn’t pretty, but it was necessary. (Funny thing is, another one is needed for the freezer already. I must have a real thing about full freezers or something.) Last night, I was told that I need another intervention. This one: coffee cups. It appears that I have “too many”. (Define “too many”!) So I spread them all out for you to see and I was amazed because there really aren’t that many. I mean, all things considered. I think there were 25. But I figured that you ought to know the whole picture. So here is a picture of the small cupboard in my kitchen which housees ALL of the drinking glasses and ALL of the coffee mugs. Given that small cupboard, maybe I can almost understand the need to pare down the coffee mugs. Maybe. (Although aren’t you impressed with how much I can fit in there?) I already have a few on permanent display over the sink. I also have my china coffee cups in a different cupboard. And there might’ve been a few in the dishwasher. Just sayin. So I took a hard stand, sorted through all of the coffee mugs, and got rid of any that weren’t absolutely necessary. They fit much better now. At least until I buy more that I can’t live without. (How many did I get rid of? One. Because it was mauve. I don’t like mauve coffee mugs. But don’t tell WH. We’ll let him think that I took care of the little coffee mug problem in a much more dramatic fashion.)
I’m happy to report several items:
1. Loopy is staying a he. I’m sorry for those of you who voted “she”, but the “he’s” have it. I have become convinced, however, that Loopy does need a she and I like the name that was suggested – “Ewe-niss” -hee! So I will be on the lookout for a nice stuffed Ewe-niss for my Loopy guy. Ewe-niss will have a bow on one ear. Or something girly, at least.
2. I did get my Sockapalooza Pal’s socks done over the weekend! Since they need to be in the mail on August 2nd, this is a good thing. I will show you a picture next week. My pal picked a rather specific color range and I’m just sure she’ll know it’s hers if I show it. (Yes, it’s one of my blog readers.) So, photo next week.
3. WH’s sister is visiting from Alaska and she is packing up Fall Sock Club boxes as I type. Woohoo! (Conveniently, my folks scheduled their vacation in Colorado for Sock Club week. I can’t understand why.) We will begin shipping these any day, so be sure that you have paid your bill if you’re in the Club. Go to your Loopy account and you’ll find it waiting for you. Many thanks to all of you who have already paid – you’re so on top of things! (And because I get emails every time I talk about our Loopy Ewe Seasonal Sock Club, I’ll just answer this here. Unfortunately, our 150 spots sold out overnight – literally – and there are no more spots left for this year. We are looking at ways to take more for next year and will let you know via the blog and Loopy newsletter when signups will go up again. We’d love to have you be a part of it the next time!)
4. Due to no Sneak Up last week, we have a massive one this week. (And some of you wondered why we do them every week? Because SO much yarn comes in week to week, that it’s a bit overwhelming to go without one for a week. But we will do that whenever possible because we like the every other week schedule, too.)
This week’s new stuff: Yarntini, Nature’s Palette, Interlacements Tiny Toes, sKNITches Self-Striping, The Knittery Merino, The Knittery Cashmere, Yarn Love, Urban GypZ Twisted, Gypsy Knits, Schaefer Anne, Schaefer Lola, Schaefer Andrea, J.Knits, The Plucky Knitter, Perchance to Knit lace, Hand Maiden Sea Silk, Hand Maiden Mini Maiden, Hand Maiden Cashmere, Mrs. Kwitty’s project bags and project pals, and more StitchKeepers. And you know that this is more than will show up on the “What’s New” pages when it goes up, so now you know which companies will have new things to look at.
Coming in the next Sneak Up or two: Woolly Boully Softie, Skinny Duets, Fleece Artist Somoko, Apple Laine, Zen String, Yarn Pirate, Fiesta Boomerang, and Perchance to Knit.
Arriving in August: Wollmeise, Cider Moon Glacier, more Dream in Color, Fiesta Baby Boomerang, Lane Borgosesia Cashwool, Seacoast Panda, Spritely Goods, Lorna’s Laces, All Things Heather, and some surprises. Because surprises are always fun.
5. Another gift for you – check out the new Southwestern Socks pattern that Wendy has given to us to put here as a free download – just because she’s so wonderful! 🙂
6. Wednesday is the official first anniversary of The Loopy Ewe! We’ll have a contest with a really cool prize, and we’ll give you a sneak peak at our “Happy Anniversary to Ewe” limited edition colorway from J.Knits, along with the specially designed pattern “Celebratory Chevrons”. Both will be available for purchase starting next week. (A whole year. Unbelievable.)