Ok, ok, ok. I have been tagged more than once for the “6 Weird Things About You” meme and so here they are. I did not open this up to discussion among family members, as this is SIX weird things about me, not SIXTY weird things.
1. I love rainy days and I don’t like bright and sunny days. In fact this morning it was raining, and I found myself saying “I need to open up the shades in here so that I can enjoy this great rainy day!” I need to move to Seattle. (And yes, that does happen to be a rainy day picture from this summer when the trees still had green on them. But I like winter rains, too.)
2. I like corn, all by itself. And only frozen corn, cooked. I don’t like corn in salsa, or corn in soup, or corn in cornbread, or corn in casseroles, or corn out of a can, or creamed corn. Just regular, plain corn.
3. I read magazines from the middle to the back, and then from the middle to the front. And I can’t stand all the little cards and cardboard paper ads in them. I tear them all out before I read it. (Did you know you can cut the Reader’s Digest almost in half by just removing cards and cardboard ad pages?)
4. I like to clean the house. Now, that certainly doesn’t mean I do it as often as it needs it, necessarily, but I like the satisfaction of having worked to get it clean, and then enjoying the results. However – most of the time I’d rather be knitting than cleaning the house.
5. I’m picky about how waiters/waitresses refill water glasses when we’re out to eat. I like the ones who know not to touch the water pitcher to each glass as they pour water. (Think about it. They touch the pitcher to your glass as they fill it, then they go to the next table and the pitcher rests on the edge of that water glass, then they go to the next table and the pitcher swaps germs on the edge of that water glass, etc.) Ick.
6. When I fill the car with gas, I always have to stop the pump on a “good” number. Not $38.79, but $38.80. Not $47.13, but $47.20. I always know which gas expenses were mine on our credit card bills. I’m sure there is a benefit in knowing that.
Who will I tag? Every single one of you! But you don’t have to do six. Just leave ONE weird thing about yourself in the comments section, if you dare. 🙂
Today’s recipe comes at the end of the first week in a new year, when most people are ready to give up on their diet/exercise resolution. (Or not. Maybe you’re good. If so, you’re weird. Hey – that can be your comment today – “I’m still losing weight this week!”) If and when you DO need something really good, try this Peanut Butter Fudge. It’s wonderful.
1/3 pound graham cracker crumbs (1 pck. About 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 pound margarine, melted
1 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 pound powdered sugar
10 oz. pkg. peanut butter chips (or butterscotch chips work, too)
Combine graham cracker crumbs, margarine, peanut butter and sugar.
Mix well until smooth and creamy. Press into 9×9 pan (although I used a 9×13 pan).
Melt peanut butter chips in microwave and spread on top. Let set at room temperature until firm. Cut before refrigerating.
Pictures of my latest completed socks on Monday – I promise!
Sheri don’tbeweird-leaveacomment 🙂