Back to the blog today. Thanks to those of you who worry about me and email when I miss a blog day. We were so busy getting Wollmeise orders out on Thursday and Friday, that I had to forego the regular Friday blog. But I’m still here and all is well!
Before we get to the Monday Update, we have some contest winners to announce! I had a 950+ yd. skein of Wollmeise Lace to give away on this blog post, and the winner of that beautiful cake of lace is: Michele in VA, who is now deciding what to make with it!
We’ve also tallied the votes for the Reader’s Choice Award for the First Quarter Project. The favorite, chosen by all of you regular blog reader’s, is: Stephanie from FL, with her beautiful Vernal Equinox Shawl out of Cascade Heritage Silk. We also put all of the entries into the Random Number Generator to choose another winner, and that one goes to: Amy from NC who made a great hat out of Lorna’s Laces Honor. Both of you will be getting a $25 credit in your Loopy Ewe account. Maybe you’ll find something fun from tonight’s Update that you need (“need”)!
Now that the First Quarter Challenge is done and voted on, the Second Quarter Challenge Photo Gallery is up and we’ll start getting those photos approved and up for you!
We do have new things up on the website for you today. Just up, you’ll find:
– Fiberphile – Squooshy Sock 2 (shown here in Continuum). You’ll like this for socks. You might try one of these: Cadence, Maryanne, or Smaug Socks. I also like it for shawls. Look at the beautiful cabled edge on this Dubliner pattern.
– Frogtree Pediboo. Great for socks. Belle Vitini would be beautiful. Or Scales. We also have lots of people using this for shawls (and the Color Affection Shawl in particular.) It’s fun to play with the color combinations.
– Lorna’s Laces (Shepherd Sock, Solemate, Shepherd Sport, and new Sportmate) . Here’s a cute summer tank pattern that I happened across the other day: Laresca. It would be great done up in the Solemate. On the Sportmate (shown here in – we have lots of colors on order, but (as usual) Lorna’s Laces sends the colors as they dye them. Here are 9 to start with, and we’ll have more as they work through the color rotation!
– Malabrigo (Lace, Arroyo and Worsted). Now is a great time to pick up sweater quantities of the Worsted. We have over 40 options for you. I also like this Barbara W Shawl for the Worsted weight. Lots of interesting stitch patterns going on in there. Or how about Lattice? That also has interesting texture and stitches.
– Trekking XXL (shown here in 165) – If I were making socks for someone who was going to toss them in the washer and dryer with no second thought, I’d make it out of Trekking XXL. This is a real workhorse yarn that holds up to pretty much anything you throw at it.
– Zauberball (Sock, Crazy, and Starke 6). The long color repeats make this one a fun one to knit up. Try the Loreley Scarf, the Wingspan, or a Ten Stitch Blanket.
– Go Knit Bags – all sizes and colors re-stocked. Especially handy if you’re picking out new projects today and will need new bags to keep them in. (Like I’m doing.)
– StitchSavers (shown here) for those pesky stitches that hop off your needles and try to ladder down, when you’re not looking. Also, Puppy Snips were re-stocked. Cutest little scissor ever.
– Needles – all HiyaHiya’s, ChiaoGoo’s, and Addi’s re-stocked. (Della Q makes one of our favorite needle organizer bags, just in case you also need one of those. And I love the Circular Cases from Namaste for needle organization, too.)
Have fun shopping and we’ll get your orders all packed up and shipped off to you quickly. We know you’d like them yesterday!
Oh my gosh! I am glad I am not the only one who was thinking something was wrong since you didn’t post on Friday! So glad that everything is ok with you! :). Sounds kinda whacky doesn’t it that some of us faithfully read your posts weekly and when something isn’t there, we worry about you! And some of us have not even met you in person yet! I assure you though that your readers and customers must be normal since we love such awesome yarns, products and service! :). Our spouses, on the other hand, may disagree with that. Mine thinks I am loony for “loving” the feel or color or brand of yarn. ( And how much I have!) – – And keep getting!!! Take care! 🙂
Oh my gosh! It’s me!!
Thank you so much for the credit. I’m seriously beaming right now.
Shari, I love the Zauberball Starke 6 yarn and I have become addicted to knitting entreloc scarves out of it. I’ll have to post some photos of how this yarn turns out.
Congrats to all of the winners. I wish I had managed to get off my butt and actually make something for the Q1 challenge. I have about 2 weeks left (that is my hopeful due date) for my Q2 challenge sweater, so I can get my yarn for Camp Loopy with a clear conscience.