Three things you asked about or commented on in your blog comments on Monday:
1. “Are you and the Loopy Elves getting time off over the holidays?” Definitely! Pretty much everyone is working a half day or two so that we can get orders out, but no one is on a regular schedule or working normal hours. (And we know you’ll all completely understand if order shipping is a teeny bit slower than normal during this time. We do reserve the right to close shop during Spring Break, however, as it seems like most of us are going away that last week of March……..) And working here this week has been SO fun because you all keep sending us things! Today we had Venti Starbucks coffee all around, because some sweet St. Louis Loopy Friend anonymously send us a group Starbucks gift certificate (thank you!!), and we have been enjoying fudge, hand-dipped chocolates, cookies, Sees Lollipops and toffee, and chocolates from Switzerland. Does it get any better than this? You all are so wonderful. No wonder we love you so.
2. “My RAK this week was just a little thing.” There’s no such thing as a little RAK. Everything you do means something special to someone, and they all add up! Don’t ever feel “bad” of “guilty” posting a RAK. Everything is meaningful to the recipient. (Are you all reading some of these entries? Really, it’s just amazing.) Winner of this week’s Loopy Loot Gift Package for the RAK contest is Kristi in OH!
3. “Are you doing a lot of holiday knitting?” Um, no. Although I had great plans up until a month or so ago.
Three things I don’t want for Christmas:
1. A Chia Pet.
2. Any appliances (unless they’re red).
3. A full time housekeeper. (Oh, ok. That’s a lie. I’d take one.)
1. Signups definitely close on Friday morning, as we had more people than spots by Monday evening already. Maybe we need to do a Fall Fling, too. We’ll see how the Spring one goes, first. We’ll email everyone Friday afternoon after the Lottery. (I know, I know. Lottery. Bummer. We really will think about doing a Fall Fling for another group of you.)
2. It has been so fun seeing so many Loopy Regulars sign up, and now we just wish ALL of you could come. We’re really looking forward to meeting you!
3. No, Zoe and Gracie won’t be visiting Loopy Central when you’re here to shop, but they do appreciate the fact that so many of you would like to meet them in person. This notoriety is kind of going to their heads.
Three things I’m tired of this holiday season:
1. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.
2. People trying to be politically correct with “Happy Holidays”. Can we just say “Merry Christmas” and “Happy Hannukkah”?
3. Seeing “Write Christmas Letter” on my to-do list. FPS. I’m running out of time.
Three Six things that have arrived this week and will be up in our next Sneak Up (first week or so in January):
1. Roving by Sakina Needles
2. Casbah Sock yarn from Hand Maiden
3. Perchance to Knit Sock Yarn
4. Yarn Nerd Sock Yarn
5. Oceanwind Knits Sock Yarn
6. Hams Jams Bags
(and of course lots on order that will probably be in between now and then, too!)
Three fun things to end the post with:
1. Baby Monkey Socks and Monica’s Child-Sized Fingerless Mitts are finally up on the Free Patterns page.
2. Mountain Colors Bearfoot will be arriving here any day. I love this yarn! This is the one I hinted at a couple of weeks ago, where I said it was the yarn I used in my second ever pair of socks.
3. We have two cool new Loopy Ewe items for you in the next Sneak Up. 🙂
Anyone have three things to tell me?