Estes Park Wool Market
I was able to eke in a very brief visit to the Estes Park Wool Market on Sunday. So many amazing vendors and beautiful, personality-filled animals from which our yarn-y pursuits originate! I grew up in a rural farming community in Michigan, and my grandfather literally raised sheep. However, I have to admit this was my first time attending a fiber-focused event. Yep. And I now OWN a yarn store.
I started out slightly embarrassed and a bit intimidated. I’m trying to learn to be ok with the possible ‘shortcomings’ I may encounter as I navigate new business ownership. We all have to start somewhere, and I’m working on taking each inexperience as a chance to learn and grow. It’s not always pain-free, and it’s often not easy. I can’t say I accept each challenge with the grace I should, but I am TRYING. Really, this is all we can ask of ourselves, right?
This curious little guy was there to greet me and tell me that all was ok. Going in without much experience, I could still enjoy the sites and sounds and learn a thing or two along the way!
The Loopy Ewe Day Camp!
The Loopy Ewe Day Camp, July edition is coming up! I can hardly believe we are almost halfway through June already, but there you go, blink and it’s a new week. Take this as your notification that purchasing for July 2-skein projects is now open and purchases are eligible for July Day Camp!
As a twist – because who doesn’t love a twist – if you add a summer reading theme to your July project and let me know what your summer reading inspiration is (book title, author, character, etc.) I’ll throw in a cute little book-shaped stitch marker while supplies last. This can be based on what you are currently reading, what you’d like to be reading or one of your favorite past reads.
Just add a note to your order that this is for July Day Camp, and what your summer reading connection is! No summer reading connection? As long as you purchase and use 2 skeins for July camp, your project will still be eligible – you just won’t receive the book stitch marker! Don’t think you’ll get June camp completed (or even started)? No worries – you can still order 2 skeins for July camp and get your stitchmarker! We hope you’ll join us on this adventure!
Day Camp Specifics (as a reminder from the last blog post)
- There is no yardage or project specification on this – it’s your choice to make based your time/ambition/desire!
- Yarn for The Loopy Ewe Day Camp must be purchased from The Loopy Ewe on or after the date of the month’s announcement to qualify for the month (consider this your July announcement – Monday, June 12, 2022!!) and for the end of summer rewards.
- The project should not be started before the first of the month (July 1st, 2022 for the July project), and needs to be completed by the end of the month (July 31st, 2022).
- To be counted, you should post a photo of your completed project to Instagram* by midnight, August 1, 2022. Your photo post should include the hashtag #TheLoopyEweDayCamp and should tag The Loopy Ewe (@theloopyewe). You will know it’s been approved when I like your post! Knitting/crocheting must be started and finished in the designated month – no cheating :).
- *if you do not have an Instagram account, or prefer not to post there, email your finished project photo with the email subject line, “The Loopy Ewe Day Camp” to email@example.com
To qualify for a reward under the Loopy Ewe Day Camp, you must complete all three months and upload photos of your completed projects by the designated date and time. When you do this, you will get a 20% discount on your first order in September! As always, we welcome all knitters and crocheters – you do not have to complete all three months to be part of the community – come join in the conversation!
Kristine and The Loopy Team
PS – if you aren’t already subscribed to our newsletter, make sure you do so on our website to get the latest product updates each week!