Someone was in the shop recently and I commented on her beautiful handknit shawl. She was pleased that someone noticed. (We always notice handknits here. We love to see them!)
In the course of our conversation, she mentioned that she lived alone. That made me think, “What if I hadn’t said anything about her handwork? Does anyone tell her what a beautiful job she does on her projects? She seemed to need that confirmation and encouragement today. If she lives alone, who else provides that for her?”
That started me down a whole road of “what ifs” that I thought I’d share with you. It’s the season of Joy and Love and maybe you can turn a “what if” into a happy day for someone this month.
- tells someone their work is beautiful?
- gives a handmade gift to someone?
- texts a word of encouragement to that friend today?
- sends a card to that lonely shut in?
- waves and smiles to a neighbor?
- tells someone how much they mean to you?
- shares positivity on social media?
- makes someone laugh at a joke today?
- does a random act of kindness for someone you don’t know?
- helps someone in need?
Sometimes you wonder if you should say or do something. You don’t want to bother people. You’re in a hurry. You think your words won’t matter. Following through on just one “what if” a day will lead to a lot of better days for those around you. And you know, it will help to make your own day better, too.