Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you have the day off and can spend it working on something beautiful with your hands. What a great way to start a new year – by creating. That’s one of my favorite things to do. You, too? One way to get yourself going is to accept a new challenge and maybe think outside the box. Our first semester of The Great Loopy Knitting/Sewing Challenge ended yesterday, so it’s time to share the new set with you! These challenges will run through May 31, 2018 (and then Camp Loopy starts on June 1). We’d love to have you join us!
Like The Great British Baking Show (which was the inspiration for last semester and this semester), we have challenges in three different categories. You’ll earn points for completing projects in the different categories, which can then be spent in the Loopy Rewards Store, and of course you earn Loopy Credit on all of your Loopy purchases, too. You can participate by completing one project, or any number of projects for more point-earning.
Are you a button collector? Leave us a note when you upload your completed project to the photo gallery, and once your photo has been approved and added to the gallery, we’ll send you a completion button for that challenge with your next order. (We love buttons on our Loopy Canvas Tote. Or any project bag!)
The rules are simple: yarn or fabric used must be from The Loopy Ewe, and a photo of the completed project must be uploaded to our Great Loopy Knitting/Sewing Challenge photo galleries by 5/31/18. Here are your new challenges!
(Pick your favorite type of item to knit or crochet. 50 pts. per project, minimum 200 yards per project)
1. Newly Noted: Use a pattern published in 2017 or 2018.
2. Something Spicey: Use a pattern that has the name of a spice included in the title (words like cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, etc.)
3. Mini Mania KAL: Knit up All My Stitches using mini skeins or multiple larger skeins.
(Learning new techniques or trying new things. 75 pts. per project, minimum 250 yards per project)
1. In Pieces: Make something that has different pieces that need to be stitched together. (toys, sleeves, blankets with squares, etc.)
2. Spring Sprung: Make something that uses a cotton or linen yarn or blend.
3. Combo Pack KAL: Knit up Mellow Sun.
(Pulling out all the stops for something amazing. 100 pts. per project, minimum 300 yards per project)
1. Cool Colorwork: Pick one of Dela Hausmann’s colorwork patterns to knit. (Note: this can be a 200 yard project instead of 300 yards.)
2. Designer Debut: Design and knit/crochet your own pattern.
3. Color Burst KAL: Knit up Gardens of Giverny.
(Pick your favorite type of item to sew or quilt. 50 pts. per project, minimum 2 yards per project)
1. All in the Family: Make something that uses fabrics in just one color family.
2. Wooly Mammoth: Make something out of wool and using wool appliqué.
3. Kitchen Kitsch: Make something you can use in a kitchen. (This one can include a set of something, like placemats, etc.)
(Learning new techniques or trying new things. 75 pts. per project, minimum 3 yards per project)
1. Stunning Solids: Take a traditional quilt pattern and make it using only solids.
2. All in the Bag: Make a bag and add your own touches to customize it.
3. Fabric Flash: Make something that combines different types of fabrics (like cotton plus flannels, linens with wools, etc.)
(Pulling out all the stops for something amazing. 100 pts. per project, minimum 3.5 yards per project)
1. Animal Antics: Use an Elizabeth Hartmann pattern for your project.
2. Fair Fare: Make something you’d enter into a State Fair or Festival.
3. Designer Debut: Design your own pattern for your project.
One more thing new for 2018 – we have changed our Loopy Credits a bit. Instead of waiting until your orders add up to $250 to get a Loopy Credit, we’ll be giving 5% back in a Loopy Credit monthly. So on February 1st, we’ll add a credit to your account for 5% of your product purchases in January, and will continue to do that for each month’s purchases, on the first of the month following that. (Some exclusions apply*.) It’s always nice to have a credit to spend, and the Loopy credits and Loopy Reward Store points are some of the ways that we share our appreciation for your business. We love having you here, and we’re always happy when we get to send a Box of Fun to your home.
We have also added rollover credits to your account for all purchases through the end of December, so pop over to your account to see if you have one to spend!
Sheri and The Loopy Ewe Crew
P.S. Loopy Academy Winter Semester begins February 1, so watch for those challenges to come out at that time.
* Click here for full details on which things count for Loopy credit and Loopy points, and any exclusions.