I found it. The snow, that is. Apparently Iowa has been stockpiling it and preventing flow-through to Missouri. This is my friend Janice’s driveway in Cedar Falls. (Poor Steve. He has to get up early on the mornings that it snows, so that he has time to plow the driveway before heading off to work. But I think he secretly likes it.) It was a fun weekend with friends and I ate too many cakeballs. Steve and Janice’s daughter K was home for the weekend. She’s the one that makes those amazing cakeballs and cupcakes. They’re addictive.
It was a no-mail Monday today in the States (Happy President’s Day to all of you!) so we couldn’t get any orders out. However, I have new things up on the website for you tonight. We just put up:
* The Knit Kit in Turquoise
* Dream in Color Knitosophy re-stock
* Dream in Color Starry re-stock
* ShibuiKnits Staccato line
* Crystal Palace Panda Cotton
* Crystal Palace Mini Mochi
* Marie Mayhew Patterns & Kits
* Lane Borgosesia Cashwool
* Trekking XXL
* Madelinetosh DK/Light Worsted (Note – this was formerly known as their worsted weight. They have decided to call this a DK/Light Worsted and have invested in a new Worsted Weight called Vintage. We will have Vintage in stock in a few weeks! In the meantime, some of you will find that your gauge on this DK/Light Worsted works for many patterns calling for a worsted weight yarn. I find I knit this at 18 stitches per 4 inches on a U.S. 7 in garter stitch.)
Have you ever wondered about the different weights and measurements of yarn? Here is a great website for references. You can print out copies of the weights, knitting symbols, crochet symbols, knitting abbreviations, crochet abbreviations, needle/hook sizes, etc.
I decided to knit something during the Olympics, but I came to some conclusions about Olympic Knitting. I’ll share more about that on Wednesday. In the meantime, pop over to check out What’s New.