We have something fun for the upcoming summer months! For this year only, in lieu of a traditional Camp Loopy, we are excited to announce The Loopy Ewe Day Camp. Day Camp is Camp Loopy-lite, and will give you a taste of what Camp Loopy is like, but with a bit more flexibility on project size and scope! We will be hosting camp groups on the Loopy Groupies Ravelry discussion board and on our Loopy Ewe Knitting Circle group on Facebook. We look forward to chatting with you all over the summer months and, of course, seeing all the beautiful projects you create and the adventures you have along the way!
I must admit I was a little sad this week, as this is the traditional Camp Loopy Announcement week, but having this made me happier! Rest assured that Camp Loopy as you have known it will be back in its full form next year – I’m committed to making that happen!
As with traditional Camp Loopy, The Loopy Ewe Day Camp consists of three distinct monthly projects in June, July, and August. The specifications for the monthly projects are much simpler, though. For this summer, June will be a one-skein project, July a two-skein project and August a three-skein project! There will be no penalties for going over the skein requirement.
- There is no yardage or project specification on this – it’s your choice to make based your time/ambition/desire!
- Yarn for The Loopy Ewe Day Camp must be purchased from The Loopy Ewe on or after the date of the month’s announcement to qualify for the month (consider this your June announcement – Tuesday, May 10, 2022!!) and for the end of summer rewards.
- The project should not be started before the first of the month (June 1st, 2022 for the June project), and needs to be completed by the end of the month (June 30th, 2022).
- To be counted, you should post a photo of your completed project to Instagram* by midnight, July 1, 2022. Your photo post should include the hashtag #TheLoopyEweDayCamp and should tag The Loopy Ewe (@theloopyewe). You will know it’s been approved when I like your post! Knitting/crocheting must be started and finished in the designated month – no cheating :).
- If you add an order note that your order is for The Loopy Ewe Day Camp, I’ll pop in a cute camp-themed button. Note – these are getting here later than planned, but should arrive by Friday, so if you would like the pin, your order may be held until then!
- *if you do not have an Instagram account, or prefer not to post there, email your finished project photo with the email subject line, “The Loopy Ewe Day Camp” to email@example.com
The current Loopy Rewards Program awards points for each dollar spent and for your birthday – make sure you are signed up, or set up an account to start earning! Each time you hit 350 points, you can trade those in for a $20 Loopy credit (or trade in 250 points for free shipping). While you will still get points for your purchases, completion of the Loopy Ewe Day Camp projects will operate outside that rewards system.
To qualify for a reward under the Loopy Ewe Day Camp, you must complete all three months and upload photos of your completed projects by the designated date and time. When you do this, you will be provided a 20% discount on your first order in September! This will, incidentally, coincide with our planned first Loopy Ewe Sweater Knit-Along month, so it could certainly help you get your sweater yarn! As always, we welcome all knitters and crocheters – you do not have to complete all three months to be part of the community – come join in the conversation!
Kristine and The Loopy Team
PS – if you aren’t already subscribed to our newsletter, make sure you do so on our website to get the latest product updates each week!